With 2020 finally on the way out (good riddance,) it’s time to start looking forward to next year. With the Coronavirus pandemic still raging and months before a vaccine can be fully implemented, it’s safe to say that things are not going back to “normal” as soon as the clock strikes midnight on December 31. However, there are still things you can do as a homeowner to make 2021 better, or to at least make your day-to-day life a little easier. In that spirit, read on for the five plumbing habits to change in the new year, courtesy of our experienced plumbers at EnviroSafe Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Water Treatment.
Top5 Plumbing Resolutions to Make for 2021
- I Will Stop Using Store-Bought Cleaners on My Drains: Liquid drain cleaners not only tend to be ineffective, they’re also extremely toxic. In fact, most liquid drain cleaners are probably more likely to eat through your pipes than they are through a clog. The next time you’ve got a bad obstruction in your drains you just can’t get rid of, call EnviroSafe for professional drain cleaning instead. And speaking of drains…
- I Will Be Careful What I Put in My Bathroom/Kitchen Drains: The best way to deal with drain clogs is to make sure they don’t happen in the first place. In the bathroom, this means installing drain catchers to prevent hair and soap scum from accumulating in your sink and tub. In the kitchen, this means keeping problematic food waste out of your garbage disposal, including stringy and starchy foods, shells, rinds, and peels, nuts and seeds, coffee grounds and eggshells, bones of any kind, and all fats, oils, and grease.
- I Will Not Flush Anything But Toilet Paper Down the Toilet: In 2020,we gotempirical evidence that “flushable” wipes and pretty much any other paper product other than toilet paper is bad for our plumbing systems. This includes paper towels, tampons, sanitary pads, cotton balls, and more. Bottom line: unless it’s regular toilet paper, keep it out of the toilet.
- I Will Stop Avoiding Household Plumbing Maintenance: If you want your plumbing equipment to last longer and work better, there are several simple things you can do to make this happen. These include maintenance tasks like covering hose bibs and insulating pipes, flushing your water heater out on a semi-annual basis, and even installing a water conditioning system to improve the taste of your drinking water and reduce the harmful effects of hard water on your plumbing. Of course, if you really want your plumbing system to function at peak efficiency, you will also need to promise yourself—
- I Will Call a Plumber Whenever It Is Necessary: From repairing leaks and replacing fixtures, to preventing dangerous problems in your gas lines, sump pump, and septic/sewer system, your home will always be functional and comfortable with a good plumber in your corner. Do not hesitate to call EnviroSafe Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Water Treatment anytime for service—we promise, when it comes to plumbing, safe is always better than sorry.
Our plumbers are available 24/7 at (856) 878-2806, or you can send us a message online. And from the EnviroSafe Plumbing, Heating, Air Conditioning, Water Treatment family to yours, here’s wishing you a very Happy New Year.